Mushroom and blue cheese soup
( SERVES 4 )
This soup will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat gently.
- Peel the carrot and onion and roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Place the celery, carrot and onion in the saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables to begin to sweat.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Roughly chop the mushrooms and add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat and add the blue cheese. Leave for 10 minutes to melt. Place the soup in a food processor (in batches if required) and blend.
- When ready to serve add a little cream to the soup and reheat gently. Season.
More mushroom recipes from Jan