Pork fillet with fennel and squashed tomatoes
Photo by Babiche Martens
Pork and fennel are a match made in heaven. Whether you slow-cook a shoulder with fennel and your favourite vegetables, or slice a fillet thinly as I have here, the taste is always sublime. I love to use a fillet for a quick meal. There is no fat or wastage, and every bite is delicious and tender.
For the dressing
For the pork salad
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make the dressing in a jar, combine the olive oil, lemon and honey, shaking well.
- Place the fennel on the tray. Rub with the oil, season and place into the oven for 25 minutes. Add the tomatoes and capers to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened. Remove from the oven.
- Brown the pork fillet in a frying pan, then place into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the rocket on to a platter. Add the fennel and tomatoes. Slice the pork and place on top. Season with salt, pepper and drizzle the dressing.
More fennel flavours from Angela