Mini deconstructed banoffee
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Rachael Hale McKenna
This dessert from Vanessa Baxter is easy for the kids to help create. It is rich and scrumptious and is served in small individual dishes or glasses for a popular mini treat.
For more from Vanessa and details of her children's cooking classes, see her website.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Tip the gingernuts into a ziplock bag and crush carefully using a rolling pin.
- Tip the crumbs into the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Dollop the caramel condensed milk into a bowl and add 2 Tbsp of the cream to loosen it a little. Whisk to create a lump-free caramel.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork. Sprinkle with the lime juice.
- Whisk the thick cream and caster sugar together with a hand whisk until it reaches a soft peak. Fold in the mashed bananas.
- In small espresso-size dessert containers, add in each layer (in any order) to create your dessert. It is quite fun to finish with the cream and then sprinkle some grated chocolate over the top for added pizazz.
More fun family recipes from Vanessa