Slow-cooked Greek Easter lamb
( SERVES 8 )
Deliciously tasty and tender.
- Place half the unpeeled garlic cloves into the slow cooker. Peel and thinly slice the remainder.
- If the lamb leg has the shank end still attached it may have to be removed for the leg to fit the slow cooker.
- With the tip of a sharp knife make small slits on the top of the lamb. Insert the sliced garlic into the slits.
- Scatter half the bay leaves and the lemon quarters into the slow cooker. Place the lamb on top — plus the shank if removed. Drizzle with the olive oil, season and dust with cinnamon. Cover with the remaining bay leaves. Pour the water down the inside of the cooker.
- Place the lid on and cook on high for 6 hours. Carefully remove the meat to a warm platter. Cover with foil and a heavy towel. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the liquid into a small saucepan and add the olives and honey. Stir well and simmer, until reduced. Serve with the lamb. Great served with smashed potatoes.
More Easter recipes from Jan