Mediterranean mozzarella lasagne
( SERVES 6 )
Cheese and three veg! If the fresh pasta is thick, pre-cook it before using. If the tomatoes are pulpy, squeeze out the seeds.
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil, use up to 4 Tbsp|
|1 kg||Tomatoes, firm and ripe, thinly sliced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, diced|
|2 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|12||Basil leaves, large, torn|
|250 g||Mozzarella cheese, fresh, thinly sliced|
|300 g||Lasagne sheets, fresh|
|100 g||Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
- Top and tail the courgettes and eggplant. Diagonally slice into 5mm rounds. Brush both sides with olive oil. Heat a ridged frying pan and grill the courgettes and eggplant in batches, until char-grilled. Cover briefly to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Lightly brush a 29cm x 21cm deep pan baking dish with oil. Place a layer of the sliced tomatoes — about ⅓ — on the base. Season.
- Next, layer with half of the courgette and eggplant slices. Sprinkle with half each of the garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, mozzarella and lasagne. Repeat, ending with a layer of tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 60-70 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the parmesan is golden on top.
More cheesy recipes from Jan