Chickpea fritters with yoghurt and mint
( MAKES 12 )
|2 cups||Pumpkin, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|½ tsp||Nutmeg, grated|
|1 to fry||Olive oil|
|2 cups||Chickpeas, cooked, soaked overnight then boiled until tender (or use drained tinned chickpeas)|
|1 Tbsp||Plain flour|
|1||Yoghurt, to serve|
|1 handful||Mint leaves, to serve|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Toss the pumpkin with the oil, seasoning, sugar and nutmeg, then put into a baking dish and cook for 40 minutes or until completely soft.
- Mash the cooked chickpeas together with the pumpkin. Add the flour and egg yolks, season then stir to combine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff then fold through the chickpea mixture.
- Heat a fry pan, add the oil and fry spoonfuls of the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve the fritters with yoghurt and fresh mint leaves.