Duck breast with crushed potato and avocado
- In a large frypan, spray a little oil and place the duck breasts skin-side down, turn to medium heat and allow the fat under the skin to render and turn a golden brown.
- The fat layer will shrink during this process.
- Flip over to seal for two minutes, then rest on a cooling rack for five minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the warm potato pieces with the avocado, lemon, mustard, chives and macadamia nuts. Stir through the 1/2 cup vinaigrette to combine.
- Place the crushed potato and avocado in a mound on warm plates, topped by the sliced duck and baby rocket, and dress with the remaining vinaigrette.