Black lacquer duck
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat oven to 155 degC. In a blender, blitz the hoisin sauce, salt, five spice and rice wine.
- Add in the Szechwan pepper, ginger, honey, star anise, soy, chicken stock and blend.
- Pour into a deep roasting tray, add the duck legs and scatter over the cooked onion.
- Place into the oven, turning every 30 minutes for two hours. Leave to cool in the lacquer paste.
- To reheat, strain the lacquer into a saucepan, bring to the boil, add the duck legs, simmer for 15 minutes, drain on cloth.
- Serve with chopped green banana, chilli, lime, sugar and coriander relish.