These make a special starter.
- To make the sauce, place the egg yolks, lemon juice and salt in a blender. With the motor running, pour the warm melted butter into the blender in a thin stream. Keep the sauce warm by standing the blender in a bowl of warm water. Alternatively, store the sauce in a warm vacuum flask. Makes about 1 cup.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water or the microwave, until wilted and tender. Drain well and cool a little. Squeeze dry then finely chop. Season.
- To prepare the oysters, detach the oysters from their shells using a sharp knife. Leave them in their shells and place in a baking pan.
- Preheat the grill to high. Top each oyster with a little of the spinach then with a little Hollandaise. Spoon a teaspoon of cream over the sauce.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes, until golden on top.
More Kiwi seafood recipes from Jan