Beef noodle salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
As the barbecue is still out, I used it to cook the meat for this beef noodle salad. There are no pots and pans needed here — a bit of slicing and dicing and a quick fry on the barbecue and, voila, dinner is served.
For the dressing
|1||Lemon, zest only|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, grated|
For the salad
- To make the dressing, place lemon, fish sauce, sesame, honey, ginger and basil in a jar and shake well to combine.
- Rub steak with oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue to a high heat. Cook the steak for 3 or 4 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Cook the peppers, mushrooms and courgettes on the grill until just cooked.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl, Slice the meat thinly and add to the bowl. Toss through the dressing, crispy noodles and basil. Serve immediately with extra basil leaves to garnish.
More recipes from Angela