Free range pork chops with roasted tamarillos and parsnip puree
- To make the puree, peel and cut the parsnips and potatoes into chunks. Place together in a saucepan with the rosemary and garlic. Cover with salted water and boil until soft, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and return to the heat, with the lid on, for a minute or two just to dry out and steam, remove the rosemary.
- Heat the milk and cream then pour into the saucepan. Add the butter and either mash or pass through a sieve, a food mill or potato ricer until the texture is smooth and creamy. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Remove the stalks from the tamarillos and slice each into 4. Lay in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle over the vinegar and add the wine. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat a fry pan. Add a little oil then when hot, add the chops. Season well and cook for 4 minutes before turning and repeating.
- Serve with the warm puree and the tamarillos.