Pepperoni, Artichoke and Fresh Mozzarella Pizza
Pepperoni has become synonymous with pizza and for good reason...it has a lovely hint of heat, stays succulent but still caramelises and pairs well with almost anything you put with it!
|1||Thin crust pizza base|
|50 g||Pizza sauce|
|¼||Finely sliced red onion|
|6 slices||Heller's Pepperoni|
|3||Artichokes, Chargrilled sliced in half|
|1 cup||Pizza cheese|
|3||Mozzarella balls, cut in half|
|1 dash||Olive oil, Good quality|
|1 handful||Fresh basil|
|1 sprinkle||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
- Preheat your oven as hot as possible
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the pizza base leaving a 3cm edge.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and then red onion. Place the pepperoni onto the pizza and then the artichokes. Drizzle the whole pizza with olive oil and season.
- Pop the pizza into the hot oven for 10 mins then remove and evenly place the fresh mozzarella onto the pizza. Pop it back in the oven for a further 5-8 mins and remove once the edges have become crispy and golden and the fresh mozzarella is just starting to melt.
- To serve garnish with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and a good drizzle of olive oil.