Garlic chicken pot roast
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat oven to 150 degC.
- Place half of the garlic and lemon thyme inside the chicken cavity, secure the legs with kitchen string and place in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Place the potato, onion and remaining garlic and lemon thyme around the chicken.
- Brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle with salt. Add the stock and wine and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook for one and a half hours. Remove the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes or until the potato is tender.