Mexican Pulled Pork Pies
Try these easy-bake pulled pork pies with Mexican flair!
|360 g||Heller's Pulled Pork|
|10 sheets||Flaky pastry sheets|
|2 tins||Black bean chilli|
|½||Diced red onion|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|2 handfuls||Chopped fresh coriander|
|2||Finely chopped spring onion|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters|
|150 g||Sour cream|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame seeds, used as garnish|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Chilli flakes, for taste|
- Preheat fan oven to 200ºC.
- Spray your large muffin tins well and cut your pastry tops and bottoms to fit.
- For the filling, cook the red onions in a little oil.
- Gently sweat for 5 mins then add the garlic, chilli flakes and cumin seeds for a further 2 mins.
- Add the black beans and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the pulled pork, tomatoes and spring onions.
- Simmer for 5 minutes (add more chilli flakes and seasoning to taste).
- Fold through the fresh coriander and ladle into each pastry case filling it almost to the top.
- Add a large dollop of sour cream into each pie, place the lid on and secure by folding the edges neatly over and around the lid.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approx. 35-40 mins or until the pastry is golden and the filling is starting to bubble up out of any cracks around the edge.