Angus Meatball Pizza with Red Peppers, Capers and Tomato Crème
|1 cup||Pizza sauce|
|½ cup||Grated mozzarella|
|¼||Finely sliced red onion|
|2||Heller's Angus burgers|
|1||Whole blackened red pepper, shop brought from a jar|
|125 g||Sour cream|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato chutney|
|2 dashes||Tabasco sauce|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 handful||Fresh italian parsley, roughly chopped|
- Preheat your oven and ceramic stone [or baking tray] as hot as it will go.
- Start with the Tomato Cream by placing all the ingredients into a small bowl and combining well. Set aside in the fridge.
- Using damp hands roll small rough bite sized balls out of the Angus burgers. Place into a small bowl and toss through ½ cup of pizza sauce.
- Slice the red pepper into thin strips.
- Smear the remaining ½ cup of pizza sauce onto the pizza base. Top this evenly with pizza cheese and then the red onions, strips of red pepper and capers. Using a teaspoon place the meatballs onto the pizza and top each one with a little extra sauce.
- Drizzle the pizza with olive oil and slide it onto the hot stone in the oven. Cook 8-10 mins until the cheese is golden and the meatballs are starting to caramelise.
- To serve cut the pizza into 6-8 slices and add a dollop of tomato crème onto the middle of each slice, sprinkle over with Italian parsley. Eat immediately.