Quick Thai-style fish, snow pea and broccoli curry rice-noodle bowl
Photo by Tam West
- Put the sugar, garlic, chilli flakes, ginger, turmeric, fish sauce and soy sauce into a small food processor and process until smooth. This is the curry paste. Reserve.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok over moderate heat, add the curry paste and stir-fry 2 minutes, being careful it doesn’t burn. Add the kaffir lime leaves andcoconut milk, mix well and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drop the broccoli into a saucepan of boiling water and boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas, mix well and drain.
- Add the fish to the coconut milk mixture and simmer 4 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Add the vegetables and bring back to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve in bowls on the warm rice noodles with the coriander sprinkled on top.