Chicken with mushroom and tarragon
( SERVES 6 )
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|8||Boneless chicken thighs, 150g each skin on and bone in|
|1 to taste||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|½ tsp||Chilli flakes|
|200 g||Portobello mushrooms, or swiss brown mushrooms, halved|
|80 ml||Dry sherry|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Heat oil in a heatproof heavy-based baking dish over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin-side down, for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from dish and keep warm.
- Add the pancetta and tarragon and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the garlic, chilli, mushroom and pepper and cook for 5-8 minutes or until golden.
- Add sherry and cream, return chicken to the dish, cover with aluminium foil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.