( MAKES 15 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale. Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and combine. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll the dough out to 5mm and cut rounds using a 5cm cutter or a glass.
- Cut hearts from half of the biscuits and bake all for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- When cool spread 1 tsp raspberry jam on each of the solid biscuits. Dust the tops with icing sugar then join together.