Date and lemon scones
- Preheat oven to 220C. Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the sugar.
- Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the lemon zest and dates then the milk and mix with a knife to form a soft dough.
- Tip the dough on to a lightly floured surface and gently knead just enough to bring the dough together, then cut into 15 even pieces and place on a greased oven tray.
- Brush the tops with milk and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.