( MAKES 20 )
Little savoury nibbles add interest to kids' lunchboxes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the pastry on a clean dry surface. Brush the edge furthest away with beaten egg. Spread the tomato sauce over the pastry up to the egg. Top evenly with the cheese and ham.
- Roll up from the nearest edge. Brush with egg. Cut into 2cm wide rounds and place, cut-side up, on the tray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and cooked.
- Cool and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 1 month.
More school lunch ideas from Jan