Moroccan fish skewers
Photo by Annabel Langbein Media
The gutsy flavours of smoked paprika and cumin go well with salmon, fresh tuna (skipjack and albacore both get the green light from Forest & Bird) or game fish such as trevally or kahawai (amber rating). If using tuna or game fish, sear the kebabs very quickly so the fish stays really rare - that way it will be buttery and tender inside.
For the skewers
For the dill and lemon yoghurt
- To make dill and lemon yoghurt, stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve skewers garnished with dill sprigs and lemon slices and accompanied by the yoghurt.
- Place fish in a bowl with oil, lemon zest, smoked paprika, cumin, herbs, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Thread onto 8 barbecue skewers and grill over medium-high heat until cooked (about 2 minutes each side).
- Garnish with dill and lemon and serve with Dill and Lemon Yoghurt on the side.
More sustainable seafood from Annabel
• For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see her new summer annual A Free Range Life: Celebrate Summer! (Annabel Langbein Media, $24.95) or visit annabel-langbein.com.