Moroccan fish skewers
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Annabel Langbein Media
The gutsy flavours of smoked paprika and cumin go well with salmon, fresh tuna (skipjack and albacore both get the green light from Forest & Bird) or game fish such as trevally or kahawai (amber rating). If using tuna or game fish, sear the kebabs very quickly so the fish stays really rare - that way it will be buttery and tender inside.
For the skewers
For the dill and lemon yoghurt
- To make dill and lemon yoghurt, stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve skewers garnished with dill sprigs and lemon slices and accompanied by the yoghurt.
- Place fish in a bowl with oil, lemon zest, smoked paprika, cumin, herbs, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Thread onto 8 barbecue skewers and grill over medium-high heat until cooked (about 2 minutes each side).
- Garnish with dill and lemon and serve with Dill and Lemon Yoghurt on the side.
More sustainable seafood from Annabel
• For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see her new summer annual A Free Range Life: Celebrate Summer! (Annabel Langbein Media, $24.95) or visit annabel-langbein.com.