Crunchy-topped blueberry muffins
( MAKES 12 )
This makes 12 medium-sized, very-yummy muffins.
For the topping
For the muffins
- To make the topping, combine the flour, sugar and lemon rind in a small bowl. Grate in the butter then mix with your finger tips, until crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly spray a 12-hole muffin pan with oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the blueberries. Combine the egg, yoghurt and canola oil and stir into the dry ingredients, until just moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin holes. Sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then remove the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- The muffins will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
More summer fruit baking from Jan