Prawn and pineapple salad
In Thailand this salad is made with lots of tender lemongrass. It is hard to get fresh young lemongrass in New Zealand, so use the tender inside of the lower stalks.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the prawns. Bring back to the boil and boil gently for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the heat, drain and cool.
- Put the ginger, chilli, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, lemongrass and onion into a bowl, mix well so the sugar dissolves. Reserve. This is the dressing.
- Put the lollo rosso onto a serving platter.
- Put the pineapple, prawns and garlic chives on top and spoon the dressing evenly over them.
- Sprinkle the coriander, dill and fried shallots over everything and serve.
More Thai-inspired recipes from Ray