Smoked Chicken Rice Paper Rolls
Santa Rosa suggests
Once you get the technique down – which is fairly basic even your kids can help..! Then you will be making these every day for lunch! So fresh and tasty try mixing up your dipping sauces to keep you coming back for more!
- The trick with this recipe is to prep all the fillings and have them in bowls in front of you as you assemble the rolls.
- Once the fillings are prepped fill a large bowl with hot water from the tap. Dip one rice paper sheets in and allow it to soften slightly, don’t leave it in too long you still want a little bit of stiffness to the paper. Take it out and spread it out gently onto a wet wooden board.
- Place a little bit of each of the fillings into the centre of the paper. Fold over the middle, then fold in the sides and continue to roll away from yourself till it becomes an enclosed roll. Place onto a serving platter or plate and repeat this process until they are all made.
- They can be stored in the fridge covered with a damp paper towel and cling-film ready for use.
Serve alongside shallow dishes filled with dipping sauces.
*If you like they are lovely with a drizzle of roasted sesame seed dressing over the filling before you roll them up.
For dipping here are some options:
- soy sauce
- satay sauce
- chilli sauce
- sriracha sauce
- roasted sesame seed dressing