Roast Nectarine and Smoked Chicken Salad with Brown Sugar Dressing
( SERVES 4 )
This is such a delicious summer salad and super simple to make!
- Preheat oven 180C
- If you have a chargrilling fry pan or a bbq then brush the cut flesh side of the nectarine with olive oil and place them flesh side down onto a hot bbq or fry pan. Allow the surface to become charred allowing dark lines to appear.
- Transfer them onto a lined baking tray [you can omit the first step and place them straight onto the baking tray to save time].
- Mix the brown sugar and five-spice together in a bowl. Generously sprinkle it over the nectarines. Season with sea salt, squeeze over 1 lemon and drizzle generously with remaining olive oil.
- Roast the nectarines for 25 mins in the oven or until tender. Leave on the tray to cool – don’t discard the tray juices as this is the dressing.
- Slice the smoked chicken into long thin pieces and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and set aside.
To assemble decorate individual plates with 4 nectarines halves, 8 tomato halves, 3-4 pieces of smoked chicken, 4 olives, and a quarter of the pistachios and macadamias. Top with a few basil and rocket leaves, season with a twist of cracked pepper and a dash of sea salt.
Squeeze the second lemon all over the baking tray. Use a fork or spoon to gently combine it together the remaining brown sugar, nectarine juices and olive oil. Pour the dressing carefully into a small jug and drizzle over each plate generously. If you have any remaining pop it on the table for your guests to indulge.
A large handful each of basil and rocket leaves to garnish