Moroccan Eggplant Chicken Salad
Santa Rosa suggests
This deconstructed salad is a moreish Moroccan feast. Dig in.
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each eggplant through the middle lengthways leaving the stalks intact. Put them on the baking tray along with the tomatoes; drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Bake for 10 mins then remove the tomatoes to cool.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the turmeric oil all over the cut inner surface of the eggplants. Then bake for a further 15 mins or until cooked and golden.
- To the cooked cous cous, add the currants, herbs and 3 tbsp of harissa. Season and stir well.
- Toss the chicken in the remaining 2 tbsp of harissa and then add to cous cous.
- To assemble, put each eggplant onto a large plate. Stuff with a quarter of the cous cous. Then top with red onion slices, orange segments, a dollop of extra harissa, 2 tomatoes. Serve at the table.
Finish with even more fresh parsley, mint and a drizzle of the turmeric oil.