Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Tarragon Turnovers
( SERVES 6 )
Packed with creamy mushroom chicken, these golden flaky turnovers will be gone in no time.
|1 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, finely diced|
|6||Flat mushrooms, roughly chopped into 2cm pieces|
|400 g||Creme fraiche|
|1 Tbsp||Cornflour, and 2 tbsp cold water whisked together|
|2 sprigs||Fresh tarragon, roughly chopped|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme, roughly chopped|
|1 packet||Santa Rosa Shredded Chicken|
|1 packet||Puff pastry sheet, and egg wash|
|2 handfuls||White sesame seeds, to sprinkle over top|
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large fry pan, heat butter and oil. Sauté onions gently for 10 mins. And then the garlic for 2 mins. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-8 mins until soft.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and lemon zest then simmer.
- Stir in the cornflour water until the sauce thickens (about 5 mins).
- Add the chicken and simmer for a further 5 mins. Season to taste.
- Cut the puff pastry into 15cm rounds and egg wash around the edges.
- Put a spoonful of mixture into the centre of each pastry round and spread along the middle.
- Fold pastry over to form a crescent and crimp the edges to seal. Repeat until all the mixture’s gone. Egg wash the turnovers, sprinkle with sesame seeds then bake for 12-15 mins, or until golden and flaky.
Enjoy your turnovers with a blob of brown sauce or relish, and a seasonal herb and tomato salad.