Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pot Pie
Santa Rosa suggests
A no-fuss pie full of savoury delights, serve it up with a steaming bowl of buttery mashed potato.
|1 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|2||Leeks, washed and sliced into rounds|
|200 g||Hellers Danish eye bacon|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|200 g||Creme fraiche|
|200 ml||Chicken stock|
|1 Tbsp||Cornflour, 2 tbsp cold water whisk together|
|1 Tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|1 packet||Santa Rosa Shredded Chicken|
|2 packets||Puff pastry sheets, and egg wash|
- Preheat oven to 200C and grease a 20cm round casserole dish.
- In a large fry pan, heat the butter and oil. Sauté the leeks for 10 mins. And then the bacon for 5 mins.
- Add the thyme, crème fraiche and chicken stock then simmer.
- Stir in the cornflour water until sauce thickens (about 5 mins).
- Add the lemon zest, mustard and chicken. Simmer for 5 mins. Then season to taste.
- Cut out the puff pastry into a circle slightly bigger than the pie dish. Then egg wash.
- Pour the pie mix into the dish and seal the pastry lid by crimping the edges.
- Bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is golden and flaky.
Finish off with a big dollop of buttery mashed potato.