Pear, parsnip, sage and parmesan salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease an oven tray or use baking paper. Finely slice the pears, wafer thin and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut the end off each parsnip, then slice into lengths. Toss with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, then season and lay on an oven tray.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy.
- Heat the butter in a pan. When hot add the sage leaves and very quickly fry, removing as soon as they change colour to a darker green. Let drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve the salad, plate the pear slices, parsnips and sage, then top with the parmesan.