( SERVES 10 )
A tropical treat for Christmas.
For the base
For the filling
|2 Tbsp||Powdered Gelatine|
|1 cup||Mango nectar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|375 g||Cream cheese|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
For the topping
- To make the base, combine the crushed biscuits and butter. Press onto the base and sides of a lightly greased, 20-21cm springform cake pan. Freeze while making the filling.
- To make the filling, soak the gelatine in the water for 5 minutes. Dissolve over hot water or in the microwave. Stir into the mango nectar.
- Place in a food processor with the vanilla essence, cream cheese and caster sugar. Mix, until smooth.
- Whip the cream, until thick. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the biscuit base. Refrigerate until set. The cheesecake may be frozen at this stage for up to 1 month.
- To make the topping, simmer the nectar for a few minutes, until slightly reduced. Combine the arrowroot with a little extra juice or water and stir into the hot nectar. Simmer, stirring, until thick. Cool, then pour over the top of the cheesecake.
More cool Christmas desserts from Jan