Angus Burger with Beetroot Apple Slaw & Quick Wasabi Mayo
|4||Heller's Angus burgers|
|250 g||Beetroot, cooked|
|2||Granny Smith apples|
|½ cup||Best Foods Mayonnaise|
|½ tsp||Wasabi paste|
|1 small handful||Fresh italian parsley, chopped|
|1 small handful||Chopped chives|
|1 small handful||Toasted seeds|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper|
- To make the wasabi mayo combine the mayo and wasabi paste together in a small bowl. If you like it hotter adjust the wasabi until you are satisfied with the correct heat level.
- Cut the cooked beetroot into matchsticks and place into a medium sized bowl. Finely slice the spring onions and grate and peel the apples. Add this to the beetroot along with a generous squeeze of lemon to prevent browning. Now add the roughly chopped Italian parsley and chives. Toss together well, season with sea salt and cracked pepper and set aside.
- Cook your Hellers Angus burgers over a medium-high flame on the bbq or in a fry pan till thoroughly cooked, turn often to prevent burning.
- To assemble cut good quality burger buns in half horizontally, lightly toast the cut side under the grill.
- Spread the bottom bun generously with wasabi mayo. Top with Beetroot Apple Slaw, a Hellers Angus burger and another small handful of Beetroot Apple Slaw. Spread the top bun generously with quick wasabi mayo and place on top.