Butterflied hot sauce and honey chicken
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
|1 kg||Butterflied chicken|
|¼ cup||Runny honey|
|1 tsp||Sriracha sauce, or more to taste|
|1 Tbsp||Ginger, peeled and grated|
|1||Lemon, juice only|
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line a roasting dish with foil and baking paper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting dish. Mix together the honey, sriracha, ginger, turmeric and lemon juice. Pour over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and roast for 50-60 minutes or until the juices run clear when tested with a skewer in the thickest part of the leg.
- Meanwhile prepare the warm salad. Rinse the rice and quinoa under cold running water. Place in a heavy-based saucepan and add 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oil in a saucepan and add the sliced onion. Cook over low heat until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and turmeric and cook for about 30 seconds until aromatic. Remove from the heat and stir through the orange zest and juice.
- Mix through the cooked rice and quinoa with the chopped parsley and pistachio nuts.
- Serve with the butterflied chicken.