Cibo fry-pan brownie with cherries and berries
Photo by Tam West
For the brownie
|220 g||Dark chocolate, I use Valrhona Guanaja Feves|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Sea salt flakes|
|85 g||Soft brown sugar|
|120 g||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla bean paste, I use Heilala pure vanilla bean paste|
|85 g||Milk chocolate, I use Valrhona Jivara Feves|
|35 g||Cherries, or raspberries|
Kathryn's cherries and berries
To make the brownie
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter with the dark Valrhona Guanaja and whisk to combine.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- Combine the brown sugar, caster sugar and eggs and whisk until fluffy and pale. Add the vanilla bean paste and continue to whisk. Add the melted dark chocolate and butter mixture to the egg and sugar sabayon and then fold in the sifted flour mixture. Chop the Valrhona Jivara Feves and fold through mixture. Then fold through the Fresh As cherries or raspberries.
- Line 5 or 6 small frying pans or one large frying pan with baking paper. Pour in mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and serve straight from pan with icecream, toffee sauce and Kathryn’s berries.
To make Kathryn's berries
Pour Grand Marnier over equal amounts of all fruit. Leave to marinate for a least 2 hours before serving.
More Cibo classics from Kate and Jeremy