Pear saxony pudding
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Grease the ramekins with butter and line with sugar.
- In a frypan, place the sugar with a little water, and cook the pears in the caramel.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour to create a roux and cook for three to four minutes over a low heat. Add the hot vanilla milk gradually, beating all the time until it comes to the boil.
- Pour into a chilled bowl and stir, to rid excess heat, for three minutes.
- Beat in the two egg whites, mix in the yolks, one at a time.
- In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites to a soft peak, add the sugar, whip until firm. Mix one third of the meringue into the roux then fold in the remaining carefully.
- Fold in the hazelnuts and pear and spoon into the ramekin.
- Bake in a water bath for 30 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool before removing.