White chocolate, ginger and macadamia panforte
( MAKES 1 large panforte )
Photo by Babiche Martens
This white chocolate panforte is deliciously decadent. I confess, I had planned on keeping this one for Christmas, but at home we've been slicing a bit off it each night to have with our coffee. It's a real treat — crunchy macadamia, with a hint of ginger and gooey white chocolate. You could make smaller serves to wrap individually for under the tree.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 22cm tin with baking paper.
- Into a heatproof bowl place the chocolate, honey and vanilla. Place over a pot of simmering water ensuring it is not touching the water. Stir until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, allspice, cinnamon and ginger. Add the ginger and nuts and stir though. Pour in the chocolate mixture and combine with a wooden spoon vigorously.
- Press it evenly into the tin using the spoon or your hands. Place into the oven for 50 minutes. A little soft in the middle is fine. Cover with tinfoil if starting to brown too much.
- Remove and cool, then cut into wedges for serving.
More home-made gifts from Angela