Feijoa jam with vanilla and fresh ginger
( SERVES 3 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Use firm feijoas in this jam recipe. The addition of vanilla and ginger adds an extra depth to this feijoa jam.
- Peel and slice the feijoas. Put into a saucepan or preserving pan with the sugar.
- Slit the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the pan, add the pod.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and add with the water and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the fruit is soft, then increase the temperature and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla pod, then pour into sterilised jars and seal.