Spiced Christmas tree cookies
( MAKES 20 )
I have filled one of the sections in the gift box above with these cookies. For more edible Christmas gift ideas see below the recipe on this page.
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|½ tsp||Allspice, ground|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
- Cream the butter, caster sugar, spices and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until just combined. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thickness. Cut into tree shapes. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sift the icing sugar and combine with enough water to make a piping consistency. Pipe around the edges of the trees and decorate with the cachous.
More edible Christmas treats from Jan