( MAKES 12 )
Double the meat recipe and use half as a meal. The wrappers can be pre-baked and stored in an airtight container in a cool place for 2 days.
|250 g||Lean beef, minced|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Small onion, diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp||Italian herbs, dried|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|½ jar||Tomato pasta sauce, approx. 260g|
- Brown the meat in the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, herbs, tomato paste and pasta sauce. Stir well. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until cooked and tasty. Cool.
- Meanwhile, microwave the spinach until limp. Cool, squeeze out the moisture, then finely chop.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Lightly oil a 12-hole muffin tray. Line with the wonton wrappers, lightly pressing them against the sides. Lightly oil the wrappers. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they start to crisp.
- Place a good tablespoon of the meat mixture in the wrappers. Top with a teaspoon of ricotta, then some spinach then the grated cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
More nibbles from Jan