Balsamic chicken and pearl couscous salad
Paul Newman's Own suggests
Light, easy and delicious - this would be perfect for a lazy weekend lunch or dinner with friends. Just add some crusty bread and you're set
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|1 squeeze||Lemon, zest and juice|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh rosemary, sprigs, finely chopped|
|1 drizzle||Paul Newman's Own Light Balsamic Dressing|
|2 cups||Couscous, pearl|
|½||Finely sliced red onion|
|1||Red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped (or to taste)|
|2 handfuls||Baby spinach|
|1 handful||Chopped parsley, and parley flowers (optional)|
- Combine the chicken breasts with garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and four tablespoons of Paul Newman Light Balsamic Dressing.
- Massage the mixture into the chicken then cover with plastic and leave in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- Cook the pearl couscous according to packet instructions then set aside to cool a little.
- Preheat the barbecue to high then cook chicken breasts for five minutes on each side or until completely cooked through and set aside to rest under a tent of foil for a few minutes.
- To assemble the salad, combine the pearl couscous and remaining ingredients in a large bowl and dress to taste with the Light Balsamic dressing.
- Arrange on a board or serving platter, slice the chicken pieces across the salad and give the whole thing one final drizzle of the dressing and a good grinding of black pepper.