Rack of pork with prunes
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 230C.
- Score the skin (or ask your butcher) and rub with oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the onions, apples, prunes, rosemary, wine and stock to a roasting dish.
- Season, then place the pork on top.
- Roast for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 180C and cook for a further half hour.
- Remove from the oven, scatter the breadcrumbs over the crackling, drizzle with olive oil and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, heat the butter in a small frying pan and when hot, drop in the sage leaves and fry until crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel then add to the roast before taking to the table to serve with all the goodies and juices in the dish.