Smoked Chicken, Farro, Kale and Parmesan
Santa Rosa suggests
This is a delicious and wholesome winter warmer. Wonderful for the family or served as a main for your dinner guests with a side of warm crusty bread.
|1 cup||Farro, (or barley)|
|600 g||Santa Rosa Shredded Chicken|
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Chopped onion, finely|
|4||Garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 Ltr||Chicken stock|
|3 cups||Kale leaves, or spinach leaves|
- Cook the farro in the water for 15-20 mins or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large deep fry pan over medium heat gently sauté the onions in olive oil till translucent. Add the garlic and cook a further 2 mins until the garlic begins to turn golden, immediately pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cut the whole smoked chicken into 6 pieces or if using the smoked breasts cut them into 4 slices each. Add them to the fry pan and simmer for 10-15 mins until they are thoroughly heated through.
- Add the cooked farro and simmer a further 5 mins. Stir in the kale leaves and finish with lemon juice.
- Garnish generously with grated parmesan, torn basil leaves, chopped parsley and good drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges and warm crusty bread.