Marinated Scotch Fillet Roast with Maille Wholegrain Mustard
1. Trim any excess fat from the scotch fillet.
2. Place into the marinade and stand for 3-4 hours – turning occasionally to completely coat the meat. Heat the oil in a baking dish on top of the stove.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade, place the meat in the baking dish and reserve the marinade.
4. Seal the meat on all sides.
5. Bake at 200ºC or 160ºC fan-forced for 50-60 minutes.
6. Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
7. Place the marinade into a saucepan and simmer until reduced slightly.
8. Strain and use sauce over the meat.
This is ideal to serve with creamy mashed potatoes and streamed green beans.