Pork fillet salad with cider dressing
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2||Pork steaks / fillets|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|2 Tbsp||Rice bran oil, (or grapeseed oil)|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 stalks||Celery, (thinly sliced)|
|2||Apples, (halved, cored and thinly sliced)|
|1||Pear, (halved, cored and thinly sliced)|
|1 handful||Salad leaves|
- Pour the cider into a saucepan and boil for 20 minutes or until reduced to a cup. Set aside.
- Season the pork fillets. Heat a pan and when hot add the oil then the pork. Put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lift the lid, turn over and cook for a further 7 minutes so the edges are well seared and coloured. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the cider into a bowl and whisk in the mustard and olive oil; season to taste.
- Slice the pork and place in a bowl with the celery, apples, pear and greens.
- Pour over the dressing and gently toss before plating.