Light chicken and spring vegetable pie
Photo by Rachel Hale McKenna
|1 bunch||Asparagus, sliced|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 cup||Chicken stock, preferably home made|
|1||Lemon, zest only|
|¼ cup||Chopped tarragon|
|125 g||Creme fraiche|
|1||Fennel bulb, finely sliced|
|300 g||Chicken, I used one pack of Santa Rosa Shredded Roast Chicken|
|4 sheets||Filo pastry|
|40 g||Butter, melted|
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Blanch asparagus and refresh in ice-cold water.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and mustard and whisk to a paste. Slowly add chicken stock, whisking to avoid lumps. Bring to the boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Stir through lemon zest, tarragon and creme fraiche.
- Place the asparagus, fennel and shredded chicken in to the bottom of a two-litre baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- Cut the sheets of filo in half. Brush one side of each sheet with melted butter and scrunch it up, placing it on top of the pie. Repeat with the rest of the filo.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until filling is bubbling and filo has browned.