Asparagus and bacon spaghetti
( SERVES 2 )
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to medium high heat and add the bacon.
- Fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly until it starts to crisp, then add the onion. Continue stirring constantly as the onion cooks, being careful not to let it burn.
- Add about 2⁄3 of the cream and increase the heat. Add the garlic, and continue stirring — the cream will reduce and thicken.
- Add the raw asparagus pieces. Add the rest of the cream and season well. Keep cooking until the sauce has thickened (about 4-5 minutes), then reduce heat slightly and add the spaghetti.
- Mix well and then add parmesan and lemon zest and juice. Continue to mix through before removing from the heat. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with additional parmesan, salt and pepper, and flat leaf parsley.
More asparagus based recipes from Delaney