Cauliflower with broccoli cheese sauce
Photo by Rachael Hale McKenna
The lovely, green cheese sauce is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe. It is a thick sauce but you can thin it with extra milk. Serve as a side or a meal on its own.
- Heat the oven to 170C fan bake.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, then flour and whisk to a paste.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking well to avoid lumps.
- Add the broccoli and simmer until soft.
- Blend using a stick blender. Add the blue cheese and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish and pour the broccoli sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with seeds and grated cheese and bake for 1 hour until cauliflower is tender.