Classic beef pies
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the onion for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and beef and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Cut 24 x 8cm and 24 x 6cm rounds from the pastry. Cut a slit halfway through the diameter of each 8cm round and use to line 24 x 40ml-capacity lightly greased muffin tins.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the cases and top with the remaining pastry rounds and press edges to seal.
- Brush with egg and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with tomato sauce.