Parmesan-crusted lamb schnitzel
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
- Use kitchen scissors or a knife to make small cuts around the edge of each piece of lamb schnitzel. Place pieces between two sheets of baking paper then quickly pound them to flatten a little more.
- Place the flour on a flat plate. Lightly beat the eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl. Place the parmesan cheese on a plate and the breadcrumbs on another.
- Dip each lamb schnitzel in the flour, shaking off excess. Then dip in the egg wash and then in the cheese. Dip back in the egg wash and then in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray as you go.Cook straight away or place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, then add oil to cover the base. Once the oil is hot, add the schnitzel pieces and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Drain on crumpled kitchen paper and season.
- Serve lamb with steamed green beans and green leaves tossed in an orange vinaigrette. A few almonds scattered over are great here too.
- Use the wet-hand/dry-hand method. Use the same hand for dipping in the egg wash, and always use the other hand for coating the egg-dunked lamb in the dry ingredients.