Lamb, mint and pea pies
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Place potato in a saucepan of salted cold water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Roughly mash, add butter, milk, salt and pepper and mash until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and lamb and cook, breaking up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add stock, tomato paste, mint jelly and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through peas. Cut 12 x 10.5cm rounds from pastry. Cut a slit halfway through the diameter of each round.
- Line 12 x 1/2- cup-capacity greased muffin tins with the pastry.
- Spoon lamb into cases. Top with mash. Brush with egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.