Mozzarella-crusted seafood bake
( SERVES 4 )
Halve any large pieces of seafood. Trim the edges of the mussels.
|1 medium||Onion, diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 cup||Fish stock|
|1 pinch||Saffron, a generous one|
|1 pinch||Dill leaves, dried, a good pinch|
|⅓ cup||White wine|
|250 g||Squid ring|
|250 g||Prawns, shelled and deveined|
|½ cup||Fresh breadcrumbs|
|75 g||Fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C on fan-bake.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook on low heat until softened.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk, stock, saffron and dill until nearly boiling.
- Add the wine to the vegetables and cook until almost evaporated. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for about 1 minute. Slowly stir in the hot stock combo, until thick. Simmer on low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the seafood and heat through for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into a 20cm baking dish or 4 individual baking dishes and top with the breadcrumbs and cheese. Fan-bake for about 10 minutes, until hot and golden.
More cheesy eggy recipes from Jan